We are offering P7 teachers across the eight local authorities which make up the Northern Alliance an opportunity to collaboratively develop their expertise when it comes to delivering maths. Benefit from the chance to:
- Apply low stakes online assessment to assess your pupils understanding of fractions.
- Learn how to create an online assessment to assess depth, breadth and application of learning.
- Receive quality maths CLPL from a primary maths expert to develop pedagogy and subject knowledge in primary mathematics.
- Develop a shared understanding of what deep learning in maths ‘looks like’ and be provided with example tasks to achieve this in everyday lessons.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Northern Alliance in developing a shared understanding of quality moderation and be supported by Andy Thompson, Primary Lead Officer in Maths and Numeracy, a primary maths expert and Audrey Buchanan, Lead Officer for Primary BGE Curriculum.
- Share good practice across the authorities and work together to produce materials that have the potential to effect wider system change.
If you are keen to work collaboratively in order to develop your pedagogical and digital skills, then please sign up through this Google Form.
The deadline for signing up is Monday 1st June with the first quality CPD input session on Thursday 4th June at 4pm. Evaluative session week of 22nd June. Spaces are very limited to 3 per Local Authority.
In order to participate you should:
- Be a P7 teacher with pupils on track to achieve Second Level in maths.
- Be able to attend one quality CPD input session on Thursday 4th June at 4pm.
- Be willing to apply and design –with expert support-an online assessment tool.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, a desire to learn from colleagues and be open to collaborative working.
- Be able to come together with Northern Alliance colleagues and be supported in an evaluative session week beginning 22nd June.
- Obtain your line manager’s approval.
No responses yet